Published on May 11, 2021
Our users privacy is dear to us. We want to be transparent about the data we collect and process.
Our business operations requires us to collect certain personal information from our clients. We only ask for and collect data that is needed to provide our service. We do not not track our users across our platform.
Pocket App GmbH, Industriestrasse 33, CH - 5242 Lupfig is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our privacy standards, this Privacy Notice, as well as any applicable national laws.
Personal information or personal data refers to any information relating to you as a natural person. This includes name, place of residence, e-mail address or idendtification documents but also IP or Bitcoin addresses.
While you use our Bitcoin exchange service within the specified thresholds we collect:
- Contact details (email address)
- IBAN of your bank account
- Payout methods (Bitcoin address, extended public key)
- Preferred language and currency
If you want to exchange within our extended limits and decide to go through our video identification process, we further collect:
- Full name, residential address, date of birth, citizenship(s);
- Verification information, which includes information necessary to verify your identity such as a passport, driver’s licence or Government-issued identity card);
- Information concerning your financial situation such as occupation, profession, income, financial assets, and source funds;
- Information on whether you hold a prominent public function (PEP);
In case you order any physical goods from our webshop we collect data in relation to the shipment procedure:
- Name, delivery address
- Payment information
- Contact details (email address)
Log Information that is generated by your use of our website that is automatically collected and stored in our server logs. This may include, but is not limited to, device-specific information, location information, system activity and any internal and external information related to pages that you visit;
The banks you use to transfer money to us will provide us with your basic personal information, such as your name and address, as well as your financial information such as your bank account details;
- Pocket keeps any personal data of its clients and its potential clients in accordance with the applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- Pocket doesn't offer user accounts and hence we don't have login data or passwords that would need to be protected.
- Registered information is securely stored in a safe location, and only authorised personnel have access to it via a username and password.
- All reasonable measures are taken to prevent unauthorised parties from viewing any such information. Personal information provided to Pocket that does not classify as registered information is also kept in a safe environment and accessible by authorised personnel only through username and password.
- Performance of a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- For the purpose of safeguarding legitimate interests
- To provide you with products and services, or information about our products and services, and to review your ongoing needs.
- To help us improve our products and services, including support services, and develop and market new products and services.
- To investigate or settle enquiries or disputes
- To comply with applicable laws, subpoenas, court orders, other judicial process, or the requirements of any applicable regulatory authorities
- Marketing purposes
- Internal business purposes and record keeping
- Legal Notifications
We are not disclosing your confidential information with any third party except:
- to the extent we are obliged by any applicable law
- if there is a duty to disclose
Our services are supported by a network of servers and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers. We and our third-party service providers and business partners store and process your personal data in the European Union and Switzerland.
When you are consuming our services that include the use of the Bitcoin, your transactions are recorded in a public blockhain. Public blockchains are intended to immutably store transactions accross wide networks of computer systems. Due to their public nature, blockhains are open to forensic analysis that can lead to deanonymization and revelation of private financial information.
Because the Bitcoin blockchain is decentralized we are not able to erase, modify, or alter any information from it.
We store your data only as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose under which they were collected and to comply with the governing laws. This period may differ dependent on the type of data. As soon as we no longer need your data, it will be deleted.
- Information Access
- Processing restrictions
- Data portability
- Automated decision-making and profiling
Our Privacy Notice is reviewed regularly to ensure that any new obligations and technologies, as well as any changes to our business operations and practices are taken into consideration, as well as that it remains abreast of the changing regulatory environment. Any personal information we hold will be governed by our most recent Privacy Notice.
If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice or the data we collect about you, please get in touch per e-mail: email@example.com.